Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Alternative Valentines





Since I don't have a Valentine this year, I've pulled together a list of alternative Valentines for myself:


My sweet beloved cat Pepper.  Almost three years ago (when I was blonde) we met in an animal shelter -- it was love at first sight.  She is the best cat that has ever lived, bar none, and I will fight you on that.


Liz Lemon.  Not technically a Valentine.  We'll be co-celebrating Anna Howard Shaw Day.



The abyss.  I looked into it, it looked back into me.  We've been making eyes at each other ever since.





Ladybugs.  They're kind of stalker-y obsessed with me.  They swarmed my room in Huntsville and now they're all over my room in Austin; I even found one in my bed yesterday.  Move on, ladybugs, it's not going to happen.  Don't make it weird.







And, most importantly, Jesus.  (Or, more accurately, the personification of my relationship with the Triune God).  I mean, duh.  In the light of Christ's overwhelming love for me, buying him a box of chocolates it the least I can do.  He's not here to eat them, though, so I'll have to do that part myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and I love you and can I have an address for you? Because I've wanted to write you a letter like a billion times already.

    ReplyDelete