Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting oriented

We just ended our first full day of orientation and I'm already near overwhelmed.  There are around sixty people her who are all incredible and interesting who I've been brought into community with and who I want to get to know, which means that I'm running full octane trying to learn as much about and from every individual.  In addition, we have hours each day of training -- critical cultural competency, simple living, sexual misconduct -- that are fascinating and necessary but also a huge drain on my mental and physical capacities.  As a result I am both ecstatic and exhausted, anxious to get to Austin and sad to leave behind this community, totally disoriented and totally at home.  Best of all -- the hard part hasn't even started yet!  Prayers are deeply, deeply appreciated.

I will try to find time to blog this amazing experience, but I doubt I will have very much.  Once I settle into my site I'll set up a more regular schedule for posting (probably twice a week).

Peace of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment