Wednesday, October 10, 2012

God's Eye is on the Sparrow

     Why should I be discouraged?  Why should the shadows come?
     Why should my heart be lonely and long for heaven and home?
     When Jesus is my portion, my constant friend is He --
     His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Only in the last few weeks has it really hit me how far I am from anything I've known.  It's so easy to see all the difficult parts of what I'm doing -- I'm emotionally and physically distant from everything familiar, I'm trying to do work I've never done before, I'm spiritually challenged day in and day out -- and sometimes it's hard for me to see the bright spots.


Luckily for me, the victories have been coming in droves.  Recently I heard from my pastor in Birmingham that three churches in the city have made hugely generous donations to my mission.  First Pres of Birmingham, Mountain Brook Presbyterian Church, and Independent Presbyterian Church have provided so much to me that I'm entirely done with fundraising.


So I've been singing this song to myself all week -- Why should I be discouraged?  His eye is on the sparrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment