Monday, July 2, 2012

A connectional church

How blessed we were to receive four such capable and compassionate candidates for the position of moderator of the 220th General Assembly!  I'm so excited to watch how our new elected moderator, Rev. Neal Presa, live out his new calling.

On to personal reflection: I was somewhat aware of but still not entirely prepared for how many people I would see at GA that I already knew.  I feel like the denomination gets smaller with each person I meet.  Every time I sit down to share a meal with a fresh set of faces, I find someone with a connection to me -- if not someone I had already met, someone who knew a former pastor of mine, who met some of my friends at a youth retreat, who is a fellow alum of a program I attended.  I have been so showered with love since the moment I arrived!  I am completely sure that the connectional spirit of this church has influenced how gracious and civil (nearly) every discussion has been.  I look forward to more interaction with my brothers and sisters in Christ and in the PCUSA!

Peace of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment