Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Eyes of the World

In case we ever doubted that the world is watching what we as a church do, here I am in a few news articles:
Chicago Tribune (via AP)
The Guardian
Sun Sentinel
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Newsmax
Reuters
Tribune Review
The Columbus Dispatch
Full Channel
And, of course, the Presbyterian Outlook.

I also heard later that I trended on Twitter (if I had a Twitter, I would know better what that means).  A good friend from Edgewood sent me a couple:

@revtracy: Bless you, Piper, and thank you!
@cadwalladerjc: PIPER!!!! Your bold witness is amazing and inspiring!
@rk_p: You go Piper! Let us love not fear.
@AUnroe: Piper Madison, thank you for your courage, boldness and eloquence. I hear God in you!
@revwags: Go Piper!!! Way to be brave. It is time to love others!
@miheekimkort: Go Piper. Preach it, sister.
@MarthaShute: Preach it little sister!!!
@ScottClark01: GO PIPER!! Testify from Alabama! It is always time to do what is right!
@shawncoons: Sorry, Shippee. Piper is my new hero.
@KimberlyHyatt: Piper Madison - strong voice, strong message! You rock!
@presbygeek: I heart thisYAAD! Go Piper!
@sdav54: Well there you go. YAD from North Alabama.
@graceandjustice: Piper Madison for President of the PCUSA Church!
@chalexa0718: I now want to be best friends with Piper Madison. What a beautiful and inspiring statement.
@LeslianneB: Are YAADS old enuff to drink? I have one for Piper Madison.
@jcashing1: Go, Piper, go! Thank you for your witness & simple request for a home in Christ's church!
@UnboundJustice: YAAD beautifully speaks about only wanting a home to worship God
@bethanystolle: Wow. I'm not pcusa but tuned into ga220 and have chills from Piper Madison.
@fdpastormatt: That little red headed YAD had something to say
@amymerc416: Piper Madison. PERFECT. This is why I love working with youth. So honest. So beautiful.
@mwood63: So proud of Piper! Member of my church! #ga220
@thesarahross: Twitter suggests "Piper Madison" is a related topic to #ga220. Because she was awesome!
@JoeGenau: "spent this past year teaching Sunday school with Piper the YAAD. She rocks." #ga220 YES! She does!

If you didn't notice, I am unduly proud of being able to reach so many people.  I wish I could say that my words were my own, but this is one of many instances where I was only a vessel.  God help me that those 60 seconds may be the scariest and stupidest thing I ever do.


1 comment:

  1. Piper, those 60 seconds were most likely terrifying, but certainly not stupid. In fact, Presbyterian Welcome has a clip of it that we'd like to put up on YouTube to show people how awesome you are. But we need you permission first. Email me: john AT presbyterianwelcome DOT org and let us know if it's ok for us to publish it and share it on Facebook.

    Also, it was so good to meet you and I hope you have the greatest time ever in Austin.

    ReplyDelete